Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Pistol Shot


This was actually a short story about two friends who have a disagreement and duel over it. By the rules of the duel, the first man takes one shot and if he misses the second man takes a shot. That is exactly what happened only the second man decided to save his shot for a later, more spontaeous time. Throughout the next few months, he makes sure the first man knows he is present by attending all the same social events slowly getting his revenge by watching the first man crack under the strain of having him always there.
Out of all six jackets, I enjoyed painting this one the most. I thought the story, composition, lighting and color were all exciting.

This is a small color comp that I did when I figured out my composition.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is still my favorite!!
Love MOM

vsln said...

Jessie, it is interesting picture. The plot is 'traditional' for Russian literature, so if you'll call this picture 'Onegin', it will have additional depths.